Sony has announced that it’ll be taking PlayStation VR on the road, visiting 10 UK cities in the run-up to Christmas.
PlayStation’s Live The Game tour, to give it the event its full, official name, begins on October 25th, and runs right through until December 19th. It will be making stops at shopping centres in Cardiff, Reading, Newcastle, Birmingham, Southampton, Milton Keynes, Manchester, London, Glasgow, and Nottingham.
PlayStation VR is positioned as the star of the show, and visitors will have the chance to test out the likes of Real Driving Simulator, GT Sport, Superhot VR, and Moss. Outside of VR, FIFA 18 will be on-hand to entertain the masses, as will Knowledge is Power – the new PlayStation 4 quiz game that can be played using your phone. Sadly, things are a little less thrilling for those in the Cardiff area – only GT Sport will be available to play here.
Should you wish to give PSVR a whirl, or simply get out of the house, the complete tour schedule is available in unexpurgated detail on Sony’s Try PSVR website. Alternatively, it’s available in somewhat truncated form below:
- October 25th-29th: St David’s, Cardiff
- October 30th-November 5th: The Oracle, Reading
- November 1st-7th: Intu Eldon Square, Newcastle
- November 9th-19th: Grand Central, Birmingham
- November 13th-19th: Westquay, Southampton
- November 21st-27th: Intu Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes
- November 23rd-December 3rd: Arndale Centre, Manchester
- November 30th-December 10th: Westfield Stratford City, London
- December 11th-17th: Intu Braehead, Glasgow
- December 13th-19th: Intu Victoria Centre, Nottingham
This flurry of activity is tied to the new PSVR Starter Pack bundle, which launches on October 24th. It includes a PSVR, the PlayStation Camera, and a copy of PlayStation VR Worlds for 349.99 – and if you get one by October 31st, GT Sport should be tossed in for free.