A day one update for Final Fantasy 15 will add in a sprinkling of new features not yet finished when the game was pressed onto disc.
Pop the game into your console (or download it from your store of choice) and you’ll be able to acquire the Crown update, available upon the game’s release on 29th November.
This will add extra features, more recipes and cut-scenes from the Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15 CGI movie, which tells a story that runs parallel to that of the main game.
“The Crown Update is the result of some additional time for development since mastering the full game,” a Square Enix spokesperson said, “and provides a variety of updates, minor bug fixes and new features to greatly enhance the overall story and gameplay experience.”
Here’s what is included:
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15 and the Omen trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events within the Final Fantasy 15 universe even easier to follow for newcomers
- For those who enjoy collecting items, the upgrade will also add a wider variety or recipes and fish with the addition of a gallery to keep track of culinary discoveries
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight spaces and to improve visibility during battles
- The addition of an ability tree for the Wait Mode function improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
Those playing early, leaked copies of the full game (which went on sale early over the weekend in Peru and were subsequently streamed online) will presumably not have these extra features.